Late pear varieties have their own characteristics. They are valued for the long period of storage of the crop. The following are photos and names of late pear varieties. Hybrids are designed for planting in temperate climates.
Pros and cons of pear varieties of late ripening
Autumn and winter pear differs in later fruiting. Crop is removed from September to October, when the fruits are not yet ripe. Usually they have dense flesh and greenish color. During storage, the fruits become softer and tastier, and the skin becomes yellowish. The storage period is from 110 to 150 days.
Main benefits of late ripening pears:
- the ability to harvest when the main fruiting season is over;
- long shelf life, including until the New Year;
- good taste, which manifests itself within 1-2 months;
- high transportability;
- inclined to fall;
- universal purpose.
Disadvantages of late varieties:
- long gestation period;
- I will eat fruits in a stage of a technical maturity;
- providing conditions for ripening.
Late varieties of pears for the middle band
The middle zone includes regions located in the central European part of Russia. Until recently it was believed that the culture is not suitable for planting in such a climate. However, breeders managed to get varieties that are resistant to frost, high humidity and temperature fluctuations.
Varieties of late pears photo with the name for the middle band:
- Belarusian late. The variety is bred by Belarusian breeders. Tree of moderate growth, with thickened crown. Fruits of the correct form, reach 110 g. The skin is dry and rough, green in color with a pink blush. The flesh is oily, fine-grained, the taste is sweetish, well refreshes. The harvest is ready for removal in the later period: in mid-September. The variety is characterized by yield, but prone to scab.
img "class =" alignnone wp-image-19979 "src =" // fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image001-87-480x480.jpg "width =" 500 "height =" 500 "srcset = "// fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image001-87-480x480.jpg 480w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image001-87-768x768.jpg 768w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image001-87-600x600.jpg 600w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image001-87-100x100.jpg 100w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image001-87.jpg 800w "sizes =" (max-width: 500px) 100vw, 500px "/>
- Novella. Late hybrid with a rare crown. Fruits enlarged, smooth, weighing 180-260 g. Crop tightly held on the branches before harvesting. The main color is gray-green, when ripe it turns yellow with reddish spots. The flesh is sweet with a sour taste, produces a lot of juice. The variety is skoroplodny, resistant to diseases and frost. The main disadvantage is the average yield.
img "class =" alignnone wp-image-19980 "src =" // fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image002-34-640x408.jpg "width =" 500 "height =" 318 "srcset = "// fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image002-34-640x408.jpg 640w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image002-34-768x489.jpg 768w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image002-34.jpg 1024w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image002-34-600x382.jpg 600w " sizes = "(max-width: 500px) 100vw, 500px" />
- Otradnenskaya. Standard type tree with spreading crown. Pear medium size, yellowish color with a blurry blush. Otradnenskaya resistant to sudden changes in weather (cooling, drought), not prone to scab and other diseases. The yield is high and stable. Otradnenskaya used for processing, they are well stored and transported. The variety is characterized by winter hardiness and precocity.
img "class =" alignnone wp-image-19981 "src =" // fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image003-83-640x480.jpg "width =" 500 "height =" 375 "srcset = "// fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image003-83-640x480.jpg 640w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image003-83-768x576.jpg 768w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image003-83-600x450.jpg 600w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image003-83.jpg 800w " sizes = "(max-width: 500px) 100vw, 500px" />
- Extravaganza. The tree is up to 3 m high. The variety is late fruiting, bears fruit up to 200 g. Inside they are white, juicy, slightly dense. The taste is sweet, without tart or sour notes. Pear fruit for 5 year. Crop cleaned in the second half of September. The extravaganza is resistant to diseases, rarely damaged by pests, tolerates extreme weather conditions. Purpose is universal.
img "class =" alignnone wp-image-19982 "src =" // fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image004-38-640x433.jpg "width =" 500 "height =" 338 "srcset = "// fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image004-38-640x433.jpg 640w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image004-38-768x520.jpg 768w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image004-38-600x406.jpg 600w, //fermilon.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/image004-38.jpg 798w " sizes = "(max-width: 500px) 100vw, 500px" />
- Yurievskaya. Refers to early winter hybrids. A strong-grown tree with a pyramidal crown. Pear fruit weighing up to 130 g, shortened form. Peel green-yellow with brown blush. The flesh is greenish, juicy, sweet-sour. Tasting properties are estimated at 4.5 points. Harvest with Yurievskoy ready to collect in early October. Storage until the last days of December. Council! To extend the shelf life, pear kept in wooden boxes. Paper is laid between the fruits.