Such a simple, at first glance, culture as a cucumber requires difficult care in order to get a good harvest. And if you still want to have early fresh vegetables or late out of season, you will generally have to tinker with the greenhouse. Polycarbonate is best suited for glazing. However, besides a good greenhouse, it is necessary to pick up quality seeds. To succeed in the difficult task, let's consider what varieties of cucumbers are suitable for a greenhouse made of polycarbonate, and find out their varieties.
Winter-spring greenhouse varieties
If you want to get early fresh vegetables in spring, the seeds will have to be sown in February. Naturally, this will require winter-spring varieties. Numerous reviews of gardeners about this group tend in a positive way. Which varieties are the best will have to be selected empirically, but first you can try to sow the following hybrids:
- The hybrid "Blagovest 1" is distinguished by a large form of a bush due to the many constantly growing lashes. The plant belongs to the self-pollinating varieties, not afraid of powdery mildew and other traditional diseases. The peel of a cylindrical vegetable is covered with small pimples. One cucumber weighs no more than 85 g. Early fruits are suitable for use both raw and for pickling.
- Early fruits can be obtained from the hybrid "Moscow greenhouse". The plant belongs to parthenocarpic form. Long tasty fruits about 40 cm in size for preservation do not go, they are eaten raw.
- The average ripening hybrid "Relay" refers to the pollinated species, so its landing is calculated so that by the time of flowering on the street there are bees. The weight of one vegetable reaches 200 g. A cucumber often comes as a salad, although in rare cases it is pickled.
- Another hybrid of the average maturation "Manual" is pollinated only by bees. The plant is not afraid of many diseases, however, with early disembarkation is often affected by necrosis. As a fresh vegetable suitable only for salads.
For the first time in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate, several different hybrids can be planted in order to empirically determine which ones are the best. They do not pereopolyatsya, most importantly, do not forget to mark for themselves varieties.Tip! Receiving record yields in three weeks in a greenhouse is possible with the planting of weakly branching plants. It is important to observe the density of landing - at least five pieces per 1 m2. With standard planting of other varieties, the density is up to three plants per 1 m2.
Spring-summer greenhouse varieties
Now let's consider the best greenhouse varieties suitable for growing in summer. Among experienced gardeners, two hybrids are popular:
- The most popular hybrid is Zozulya. The plant is covered with flowers only female type, forming a friendly ovary. The weight of the finished fruit varies from 150 to 200 g.
- Many gardeners argue that the most delicious fruit in the hybrid "April", of course, when compared with other varieties of this period of ripening. The weight of cucumber can be from 160 to 300 g.
Plants of these varieties are considered high-yielding, plus they are not amenable to many diseases.Tip! If you need to get a quick harvest within a month, for a greenhouse made of polycarbonate, you need to choose hybrids with medium branching.
Summer-autumn greenhouse varieties
Considering which are the best hybrids for growing in a greenhouse, from July to November, one should pay attention to the following varieties:
- If you can not wait to get a quick harvest, the best option to buy seeds hybrid "Maryina Roshcha." The early cucumber of parthenocarpic type is unpretentious and adapts to different growing conditions. The fruit with large pimples is well salted.
- Gherkin lovers, of course, will enjoy the fruits of the Anyuta hybrid. The plant rapidly develops lasts under the condition of abundant light, which is typical of greenhouses with glazed polycarbonate. Small bumpy fruits are most often used for pickling.
The considered varieties of autumn ripening periods are considered the best because of their unpretentiousness and good taste. This does not mean that only they need to stop their choice, because there are many other hybrids.Tip! The fruits of summer-autumn varieties are best suited for salting, as in August they gain a lot of sugar. If you need cucumbers for these purposes, hybrids with strong branching will fit into the polycarbonate greenhouse.
Which cucumbers are preferred, and where does bitterness come from
Studying the demand for vegetables, revealed an interesting fact that the domestic consumer prefers cucumbers with pimples, considering them to be a national vegetable. European consumers, on the contrary, love cucumbers with smooth skin. However, which ones are the best does not matter, it all depends on the preferences of the person.
But I wonder where the fruit takes the bitterness? The fact is that at high temperatures and inadequate watering, the cucurbitacin alkaloid is produced in the peel. This substance gives a very bitter and unpleasant taste. This may also be affected by the composition of the soil, but in order not to get a bitter crop in its greenhouse, it is necessary to acquire new varieties. Thanks to the work of breeders, new hybrids practically do not accumulate bitterness in any growing conditions.Important! Hothouse environment is favorable not only for the growth of cucumbers, but also for the reproduction of harmful microorganisms. You can get rid of them by disinfecting the soil with chlorine or copper sulfate before planting seeds. This is the only way to save the harvest.
Exotic cucumbers in a polycarbonate greenhouse
For lovers of experiments and those who want to surprise their relatives and neighbors with exotic vegetables, you can plant hybrids of unusual shape and color in the greenhouse. The best of the unusual varieties are the white fruits of the Bride variety. Gentle and tasty cucumber with excellent aroma is suitable even for salting.
Choosing the best varieties for greenhouses, you need to buy seeds only in the original packaging, and in no case packaged in transparent bags. This increases the chance to avoid a fake.