Tomato King of Siberia - the newest variety of tomatoes, which was bred by the breeders of the agrofirm "Aelita". It is not yet patented in the State Register of Vegetable Crops, it is being tested, so there is little information about it. The description of the variety and its characteristics are taken from very brief information published by the company on the official website. Amateur gardeners who have experienced this tomato on their plots share their reviews on the forums based on their own experience. Combining all the scant data, we present you a general overview of the varietal qualities of this tomato.
Description and characteristics of the variety
- Tomato The King of Siberia is unlimited in growth, that is, it belongs to indeterminate cultures. The height of the main stem can reach two or more meters.
- In terms of fruit ripening - the average, the length of the growing season until the first fruits appear varies from 100 to 115 days.
- Tomato cultivar King of Siberia is adapted to cultivation both in open ground (under film cover) and in greenhouses.
- The stems of tomatoes are strong, they form brushes with 3-5 buds. It is necessary to install supports or trellis for the formation and garter of the bush. Required removal of stepsons. It is recommended to leave along with the main stem another branch that grows from the stepson under the first branch.
- Fruits are an unusual orange color. This indicates a significant content in tomatoes of beta-carotene, necessary for human health. The weight of one tomato varies from 300 to 400 g, but the giant fruits weighing 700 and 1000 are already recorded. If you look at a cross-section of a tomato in the photo, it resembles a heart shape.
- Tomatoes of the King of Siberia variety are tasty, sweet, and contain many beneficial microelements and vitamins. People who are prone to allergic reactions, when eating red fruits, these tomatoes can safely add to your diet. It is recommended to use them in baby food and dietary dishes.
- The yield of tomatoes King of Siberia official data is not installed, but on the forums amateur gardeners define it in an amount of up to 5 kg from one bush, or up to 17 kg from 1 square meter. m plantation.
- Use fresh tomatoes, used for winter preparations in salads and mixes.
To achieve high yields of vegetables can only be complying with all the requirements of technology, proper care and, if necessary, preventive measures against fungal diseases, the fight against harmful insects.
Tomato King of Siberia, like all cultivated varieties of tomatoes, has its own requirements for growing conditions:
- the soil should be light in composition, free from heavy components (clay) in large quantities, loose and well-fertilized;
- before planting tomatoes, carrot, cabbage, legumes, onions and cucumbers will be good predecessors;
- The first stage of tomato cultivation consists of sowing seeds (in March), picking them, feeding and hardening, that is, in obtaining high-quality seedlings;
- the next stage is transplanting seedlings into open ground under the film, which can be carried out in May (60-65 days) with the onset of warm fine days, into equipped heated greenhouses - in April;
- Tomato seedlings planted 3-4 bush per 1 square. m plantation, this rule is the same for open ground and greenhouses;
- Tomato bushes form 1-2 stems, leaving one stepchild to develop a second stem, the other stepsons are removed, not allowing them to grow more than 5 cm in order not to injure the plant badly;
- tall tomato saplings are immediately tied up to stakes, supports or trellis;
- the third, the longest stage - the care of plantings, but it is also the most enjoyable - we are waiting for the appearance of the first fruits and the receipt of a full-fledged harvest.
Caring for tomatoes in the open field and greenhouse
Tomato yield The King of Siberia is directly dependent on the proper care of tomato seedlings. In the open field or in equipped greenhouses, tomato bushes will grow healthy and produce a good harvest, while respecting the basic rules of care.
- The land on the site where tomato seedlings are planted should be loose, light in composition, good to let in moisture and air. In the clay substrate, add sand, ash, peat or lime.
- Soil acidity for tomatoes is preferably neutral or slightly acidified; it should not be lower than 6.0 units on the scale of acidity indicator. Acid soils must be neutralized by adding deoxidizing elements to the ground: lime, humus, river sand.
- In areas with a high level of groundwater, it is necessary to make a drainage. The channel for removal of groundwater or rainwater will prevent its accumulation at the roots of the plant, which adversely affects the bushes of tomatoes, causing rotting of the roots.
- The soil must be constantly loosened, providing free access of air and water to the roots of the plant, removing at the same time the weeds and larvae of harmful insects already deposited by adults in the ground.
The correct mode of watering
Watering in the greenhouse:
- morning is the best time of day for watering;
- water should be warm, in a greenhouse you need to equip a place and have a tank for storing and warming water;
- Tomatoes love root watering, and react badly to irrigation of the deciduous part;
- watering in greenhouses produce no more than once a week;
- the amount of water depends on the size of the seedling: bushes that have just been planted in a garden require 1 liter per bush, as they grow, they increase the dose to 5-10 liters per plant, keeping this amount until the start of fruiting;
- 2-3 weeks before the appearance of the first fruits, watering should be significantly reduced so that the ovaries are formed faster, at this time 1 liter of water per week is enough for the plant, then the volume is increased again, but not excessively, otherwise the fruits may crack.
To prevent this, equip a normal drainage system or drip irrigation system in the greenhouse.
Watering tomatoes that grow in the open field is identical to the timing and volume of watering in greenhouses, except when natural heavy rains take on this function. After such rains, it is not necessary to water the beds, set aside the procedure until the soil dries out under the bushes.Tip! If the hot sun peeps out immediately after the rain, it is advisable to remove the raindrops from the leaves in order to avoid plant burns. To do this, you can use a soft whisk, shaking off moisture, lightly touching the leaves.
When and how to feed tomatoes
An important condition for obtaining a decent crop of tomatoes is timely, proper fertilization, and regular feeding, which is combined with watering 1 time per month. The main complex fertilizers are applied in early spring 1-2 weeks before planting the seedlings. The composition of mineral fertilizers for tomatoes must include: phosphate, potash and nitrogen components.
As organics for fertilizing tomatoes, cattle, horse or bird manure is used. The most common and affordable is cow dung, avian and horse manure are much less common, it is recommended for fertilizing plants in diluted form.
One matchbox of dry bird droppings is diluted in a 10-liter bucket, stirred, allowed to brew for 24 hours, then 1 liter of this liquid is added to 5-6 liters of water.
Horse manure is much more effective than cow or diluted poultry, but it can only be obtained in certain areas where there are special horse farms.
Gardeners Share Experience
The gardeners formed the opinion that the real variety of tomato the King of Siberia was lost, and its numerous fakes are being realized. Here we posted reviews of those gardeners who are confident that it was the King of Siberia who grew up.Nikita Mikhailovich, 61, Kirov I am allergic to all red fruits. I suffer from this disease all my life, so I grow only yellow tomatoes on my land. The seeds of the King of Siberia were sent to me by a relative from Novosibirsk, where he gets them, remains a mystery. I grew them, took care not sparing my strength, as a result I was pleased with the tomatoes. The fruits are large, the taste is excellent, the harvest is excellent, I liked everything. Thanks to breeders for such a vegetable. Larisa, 34 years old, Ulyanovsk I like to grow unusual tomatoes. As it turned out, the tomato King of Siberia is the most unusual of all that I planted. The color is orange, the weight of the tomato rolls over 800 g, resistant to cold snaps, the children eat with great pleasure. I recommend to all gardeners.
The seeds of this newest tomato variety are difficult to buy for free, but if you do this and grow a decent crop of tomato the King of Siberia, you will be satisfied with the results of your labors.