Breeders constantly bring new varieties of tomato. Many gardeners love to experiment and always get acquainted with the latest. But every summer resident has tomatoes, which he always plants, year after year. Such a favorite and popular varieties of tomato is Pear.
Tomato Pear is Siberian breeding suitable for cultivation in the open field, in the greenhouse. The growing season of tomatoes of this variety is 110-115 days. Standard bushes do not grow higher than 0.7 m and do not require staving. When ripening fruits, it is advisable to use supports, otherwise the stem may break under the weight of ripe tomatoes.
Tomatoes cultivar Grushovka justify the name - raspberry-pink fruits grow pear-like as in the photo.
Ripe tomatoes can weigh an average of 130-150 grams and, according to gardeners, have a pleasant taste. Tomatoes do not crack, they are perfectly stored and transported, they are suitable for processing, preservation and fresh use.
The main advantages of tomato varieties Grushovka:
- for growing tomatoes do not require special conditions;
- it is distinguished by its low growth and rather strong vertical trunk; therefore, it needs a garter already during the period of crop ripening;
- the root system is close to the surface, which ensures rapid absorption of water and fertilizers;
- drought tolerant;
- no pasynkovanie;
- resistant to diseases and pests;
- Tomatoes tolerate transplant well.
The Grushovka variety has practically no flaws and is distinguished by high yields - about 5 kg of tomatoes can be harvested from a bush.
Features of growing
To get a good harvest, you need to grow strong seedlings. Therefore, when sowing seeds, it is necessary to pay attention to the soil and the quality of the seed.
Serious manufacturers treat the seeds with special disinfectants, antifungals, growth stimulants. About pre-sowing treatment they write on the packaging or paint the grain. If it is not possible to buy expensive seeds, you can buy unprocessed grains and independently prepare them.
To select hollow seeds, all the grains are put in salted water (a teaspoon of salt is dissolved in half liters of water). Full seeds settle to the bottom, and empty float on the surface. For the disinfection of seeds Pears use 1% solution of potassium permanganate - they are wrapped in a loose sheet and immersed in the solution for 18-20 minutes.Tip! Do not overdo the grains in the solution of potassium permanganate (this can adversely affect germination) and be sure to rinse them under water.
It is believed that sowing seeds of tomato varieties Grushovka spend 60-65 days before planting on the site. It is recommended to purchase a special soil mixture for growing seedlings.
- Layers of drainage and soil are poured into the drawer. To prevent seedlings from becoming weak, Pear seeds are placed in grooves 2-2.5 cm deep. Seed material is covered with earth and the whole surface is slightly moistened. The container is closed with a transparent film or glass and placed in a warm place.
- When the first sprouts of tomatoes Grushivka appear, remove the film and put the box in a well-lit place.
- When the seedlings have three leaves, sprouts can be planted in separate containers. For hardening seedlings should be carried out daily to an open place. The period of stay in the open air is gradually increased. Immediately before planting, seedlings should be on the street all day.
The time of planting tomatoes Pear in open ground is determined by the temperature of the air outside. The optimal time is when the soil warms up to 14-17˚ C. It is recommended to have no more than 5-6 bushes per square meter.
When arranging beds, it is desirable to maintain a distance of 30-40 cm between the holes in a row, and to allocate 60-75 cm wide strips for the row spacing.
Watering and fertilizing tomatoes
The stem tomato of the Grushovka variety does not require special attention. It is enough to carry out watering as the land dries. Since the roots of the tomato of this variety are located close to the surface, it is necessary to exclude abundant watering. Otherwise, the root system of tomatoes is exposed. To prevent the rapid drying of the earth, they are loosening the soil.Tip! It is not worth intensively to loosen the soil near the trunks of tomatoes Pear, otherwise you can easily damage the roots of the plant.
Soil mulching is also a great way to prevent rapid drying of the soil. In addition, the mulch will slow the growth of weeds. As a mulching material using straw, mowed grass.
If the soil on the site is not very fertile, then it is recommended to apply mineral and organic fertilizers.
- 7-10 days after planting, the first feeding is carried out. You can use different mixtures. In 10 liters of water dilute a tablespoon of nitrophosphate and half a liter of liquid manure or a tablespoon of factory fertilizer "Ideal". Under a bush of a tomato Grushovka poured half a liter of solution.
- During the flowering period, a solution is used: 0.5 liters of chicken manure, a tablespoon of superphosphate and a teaspoon of potassium sulfate are added to 10 liters of water. The mixture is thoroughly stirred and poured a liter of solution under each bush.
- When pear tomatoes begin to ripen, it is necessary to use fertilizers containing boron, iodine, manganese, potassium. These elements will provide high yields of juicy and fleshy Grushivka tomatoes. For the preparation of top dressing they take 10 l of water, 10 g of boric acid (in powder), 10 ml of iodine, 1.5 l of ash (well sifted). The mixture is gently stirred and poured under a bush for a liter.
To speed up the tying and ripening of tomatoes of the Grushovka variety, foliar dressing is carried out. For this, 50 g of superphosphate is diluted in 10 liters of hot water. The solution should stand for 24 hours and then 10 ml of the composition should be sprayed with each bush.
Make any kinds of dressings better in dry weather in the morning or evening. The best option is to combine this procedure with tomato irrigation. You can alternate different ways of feeding tomatoes Pear.Important! In order not to be mistaken with fertilizers, one must keep in mind: nitrogen mixtures are added in spring, as they provide green mass growth, and phosphate and potash mixtures are added during the growing season and in the fall.
Diseases and preventive measures
Tomato cultivar Grushivka is considered resistant to many types of diseases. But when signs of the disease appear, one should not hesitate with measures.
Macrosporia is manifested as brown spots on the foliage and trunks of a tomato. The fungus is formed first on the lower leaves and spreads up the plant. Tomatoes are especially quickly infected in conditions of high humidity, especially when alternating rainy and arid weather. On fruits, round brown spots are first formed around the stem. Tomatoes can suffer from pearshevka during different periods of vegetation. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to avoid placing tomato beds next to potato plantations. To combat the disease used means containing copper (solution of a suspension of 90% copper oxychloride).
Viral mosaic spreads in the cells of a tomato pear, destroying chlorophyll. Therefore, the foliage acquires a spotted pattern with divorces of emerald and beige shades. Foliage becomes thinner, collapses, which leads to a decrease in the number and size of tomatoes on a bush. The virus is perfectly preserved in the ground, and in tomatoes of the Grushevka variety, it settles due to ticks, nematodes. There are no means to fight the disease. Drastic measures - the removal of diseased plants from the site and burning. As a preventive measure, it is necessary to fight the vectors of the disease, collect the remnants of the harvest and burn them.
Ripe fruits are placed in boxes with stalks up. Beforehand, paper should be put on the bottom of the container.
Install the boxes in a cool, darkened room. The optimum storage temperature is 10-13˚ C. Tomatoes retain a pleasant taste for 2-2.5 months.
Growing tomatoes varieties Grushovka and harvest excellent harvest can as novice gardeners, and experienced farmers working in large areas.