Tomato bushes are southern plants, but thanks to the achievements of Russian breeders, varieties and hybrids have been developed that grow in conditions of regions with cold and short summers. One of the newcomers is a hybrid of tomato Hlynovsky. Its seeds have been on the market for almost two decades - it was registered in 1999. The very name of the hybrid says its purpose: the culture is suitable for cultivation in areas with such weather conditions as the Kirov. After all, it’s not for nothing that under the old name of this northern city scientists offer gardeners to a steady tomato. The difference between positive temperatures and low temperatures is practically not reflected on the plant of this tomato.Interesting! There is an opinion that adequate consumption of tomatoes, especially products based on them, which have undergone heat treatment, contributes to the prevention of cancer.
Typical hybrid properties
This tomato is recommended to grow those who are just beginning to learn the basics of farming. The plant is so unpretentious and stable that it rises to its predetermined height and will give fruit, if only the soil is weeded and watered.
Distinctive signs of the bush
The plant of the middle-early tomato Hlynovsky, though high, but the development of the bush is limited to a height of two meters.
- Tomato bush determinative, rather compact, but strong-growing, as it forms large berries. Usually the hybrid grows to 1.5 - 1.8 m.
- The plant forms 10-12 inflorescences placed through two or three leaves;
- Even in adverse weather conditions, the bushes of these tomatoes adapted to low temperatures form enough ovaries. With all the requirements of agricultural engineering, the hybrid yield is 12 kg per 1 sq. M. m or 4-5 kg from one bush;
- In comparison with the indeterminate tomato plants, this hybrid begins to bear fruit two weeks earlier;
- The plants of this tomato have high resistance to fusarium, cladosporiosis, verticillosis, and tobacco mosaic.
Features of fruiting
The first ripe fruits from the bushes of this tomato can be removed at 105-110 days after the emergence of shoots.
- Tomato, in the opinion of lovers of personally grown vitamin products, produces large, juicy, melting in the mouth fruits. And this is only one of his valuable qualities, given that the plant is a hybrid (natural varieties have a more pronounced, characteristic taste);
- Tomato Khlynovsky shows its superiority in taste of fruits and yield in front of a number of well-known large-fruited tomatoes;
- Fruits tolerate transportation even over long distances.
The entire vegetative period, the tomato bush grows intensively and develops, forming flowers and ovaries, well pours large fruits. In the stage of active growth, the hybrid requires sufficient watering. This moment is indicated among the shortcomings of the tomato Hlynovsky in their reviews those gardeners who planted the plant on their plot.Tip! Tomato bushes are treated for late blight three times in ten days.
The shrubs of this tomato are standard, with an average number of branches and leaves. The trunk is powerful and strong, able to withstand 4 kg of crop declared by the breeders. The dark green leaves of the plant are small, slightly wrinkled, glossy. The hybrid has simple inflorescences, the first of them appears on a bush above an 8-10 leaf. The following flower groups go alternately through one or two leaves. The brushes are formed uniformly, as a result, and the crop from the hybrid bushes is collected in the same volumes during fruiting.
The tomato forms beautiful, attractive with its appetizing size, flat-round, large fruits. The surface of ripe tomatoes is uniformly red and glossy. In technical ripeness, the fruit is green, from above near the stem, the usual spot stands out with its darker tint, which disappears in the phase of ripening. The flesh is thick and fleshy. The structure of the fruit is characterized by 4 or 6 seed chambers with thick walls. The fruits of these tomatoes are characterized by good transportability and long-term keeping quality, due to their structure and pulp density.
On the bushes of tomato Khlynovsky sometimes, with regulatory dressing and timely watering, fruits weighing up to 300-350 g ripen. The usual weight of its fruits is 180-220 g. They contain 5-6% of dry substances. Excellent taste properties during tasting were highly appreciated: 4.8 points. The merchantability of the fruits of the hybrid was also highly appreciated: 98%.
Delicious vitamin fruits are consumed fresh. They can be used for pickles and cuts for canned salads. At full maturity, great for juices, sauces or pastes.
The most guaranteed way of growing tomatoes, including hybrids, is through seedlings.Comment! Growing up seedlings of tomatoes, with 5-7 true leaves, grows very quickly, absorbing a lot of water. During this period, it is necessary to monitor sufficient watering.
Seeds are sown in March or April in a moist soil, deepening one or one and a half centimeters. The timing needs to be adjusted depending on the time of landing of young plants on a permanent place. Seedlings should be 50-60 days of age. And the soil in the greenhouse should warm up to 15-160 C. The same temperature is comfortable for tomato plants at night. During the day, it can rise to 22-250 WITH.
- In the early days of seedling growth, the soil is kept slightly moist;
- Air temperature must be lower - up to 160 C, so that the shoots are not pulled out;
- Containers with young, tender stalks of tomatoes are turned with different sides to the light so that they do not grow obliquely;
- When the sprouts become strong, uniform, the temperature is raised for the successful development of young plants;
- As soon as the second true leaf appears, the plants dive, cutting off the tip of the central root and seated in separate containers.
There are reviews of the rapid growth of the Khlynovsky hybrid. According to the description, seedlings from tomato seeds already at the age of 50 days began to form inflorescences. By the way, such inflorescences, no matter how pitiful they may be, must be removed. The plant needs a lot of effort to acclimatize.
First, seedlings, which have already formed at least seven or nine sheets, need to be hardened during the week, bringing to fresh air for several hours.
- In April, seedlings of tomatoes are planted in heated greenhouses. Under the film or non-woven cover - in May, and in the open ground - until June 10-15;
- Plants should be placed according to the scheme 70x40, so that no more than 3 bushes of tomatoes per one square meter;
- Feeding is also carried out: at the bottom of the hole, retreating 4–5 centimeters from the intended placement of the roots of a tomato, put one teaspoon of double superphosphate;
- For the third week after planting, the bushes of tomatoes are spud. Then, fifteen days later, re-earthing is performed to form an additional root system;
- Periodically soil loosened.
The first few days the planted plants are watered in the evening every day, at the root. In the greenhouse, watering tomatoes is best done in the morning. The best option - drip systems, then the water will not fall on the stem and leaves of tomatoes. In the future, the plot with tomatoes is watered moderately every 4-5 days, guided by weather conditions. During the period of fruit ripening, watering increases - this is one of the agrotechnical requirements for Hlynovsky tomatoes.
Tomato Hlynovsky need to fertilize several times per season. When the first fruits reach 1.5-2 cm in diameter, they are fed with mineral solution: 20 g of ammonium nitrate are taken to 10 liters of water, 20 g of potassium sulfate, 10 g of magnesium sulfate and 25 ml of 3% potassium humate are taken. Such dressings should be done every week during the ripening of the first fruit brushes.
In the greenhouse bushes of these tomatoes are usually in one trunk, in the open ground allow two more stems.
- First, for the second stem, the stepson is left, which is located under the first inflorescence;
- Then for the third - the next following inflorescence;
- All the other stepchildren are superfluous, they are cut off one per week, leaving a small penechki on the trunk;
- It is also necessary to remove the lower leaves on all bushes - for access of air;
- The bushes of tomatoes are tied up, the branches with brushes are propped up so as not to break off under the weight of the fruits.
Caring for plants of this hybrid is not particularly time-consuming, and care will return in the form of juicy, appetizing fruits on the table. Fresh, just plucked from their beds.