Adjika is called the traditional Abkhazian spicy seasoning. Externally, it resembles a thick paste of hot pepper, garlic, herbs and salt, as well as some other ingredients, depending on the recipe. Many housewives cook adjika and preserve it for the winter. Such a natural seasoning can replace ketchup in the kitchen, which allows not only to save money, but also to receive benefits for the body. Acute seasoning can protect a person from viral diseases and improve immunity, which is especially important in the winter season.
Often at the base of adzhika, in addition to spices, they use tomatoes. This allows you to get a delicate product, combined with many dishes. But despite the fact that adjika is seasoning spicy, sweet notes in her taste are quite appropriate. That is why some recipes also include carrots. Adjika with carrots and will be the object of attention in the proposed article.
The best recipes adjika with carrots
A good recipe is the key to making delicious food. Experienced housewives probably have a description of one or two good adzhika recipes in the cookbook, but beginners often have to experiment. In order for experiments in the kitchen to be always successful, we will try to advise inexperienced cooks the best adzhika recipes with carrots.
Tomatoes, carrots and apples - this combination can be found in many adjika recipes. The uniqueness of each individual recipe lies in the proportion of these ingredients and the availability of additional products and spices. The classic recipe allows you to get a hot sauce with a sweet-sour taste. This recipe is used by many chefs, so it was decided to give a detailed description of it.
Products for cooking
The basis adjika are ripe, red tomatoes. They must be taken in the amount of 3 kg. Apple and carrot are used in equal proportions, 1 kg of each ingredient. Sweet Bulgarian pepper also needs to be added in the amount of 1 kg. The spicy taste of the dish will be given by chili pepper in the amount of 2 pods and garlic (literally 2 heads). Sugar, vegetable oil and 9% vinegar will be required in the amount of 1 tbsp. Also included in the recipe is 5 tbsp. l not iodized salt.Important! In cooking adzhika need to use only sour apples.
Having all the necessary products at hand, simply prepare a delicious adjika. For this you need:
- Wash and clean the fruits and vegetables. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper, cut the place of attachment of the stem of the tomatoes. Apples are recommended to be cleaned not only from the seeds, but also from the skin. In tomatoes and peppers, the skin does not need to be removed.
- Chop carrots, apples, tomatoes and two types of peppers with a meat grinder and mix well. Put the mixture in a saucepan and boil for 45-50 minutes over low heat. In the process of cooking the mixture should be regularly stirred.
- 15 min before the end of cooking add finely chopped garlic, as well as the remaining spices, vinegar and oil.
- Preserve adjika for the winter hot in small volume jars.
Adjika with tomatoes and carrots, cooked according to this classic recipe, is perfect as a dressing for borscht, as an addition to meat and fish dishes, and various side dishes.
Recipe adjika with onions
Adjika with onions, prepared according to this recipe, can sometimes be found accompanied with the comment "Fingers will lick!". In order to understand that this is true, you need to try to cook it.
For cooking you will need ...
Before you start cooking, you need to stock up on a set of necessary products. Thus, in the preparation of adzhika, tomatoes will be required in the amount of 2.5 kg, carrots and sweet peppers 500 g each, 300 g onions, 200 g garlic, 3 bitter peppers. In addition to the main products, you will need 250 ml of oil and the same 6% vinegar, a glass of sugar, 1/4 cup of salt. If such a set of products is assembled, then you can start cooking adzhika.
Step by Step Cooking Instructions
Each hostess will probably be able to cook adjika, since this does not require special knowledge and skills. The whole cooking process can be described in a few simple steps:
- All vegetables, except onions, wash, peel and chop with a meat grinder. Feature of the recipe is the ease of processing products. For example, from the inside of bitter and bell peppers, you should not remove the grain. It is believed that they will give the finished dish extra spice.
- Peel and chop the onion with a knife or grate on a coarse grater.
- Mix chopped vegetables in one large saucepan and send to stew. Boil the mixture on low heat for 30 minutes, then add oil, vinegar and boil for the same amount of time.
- After 1 hour of cooking, add sugar and salt to the adjika, then boil again for 60 minutes and preserve for the winter.
Thus, the cooking time of adjika with onions will be about 2.5 hours. During this time, moisture will significantly evaporate from the sauce, and the volume of products will be almost halved. Subject to the rules of cooking, the products in one recipe will be enough to fill one-half liter jars with 4 floors.
Adjika with plums
Plums are often used in the preparation of various sauces for meat or fish dishes. Adjika can also be cooked with plums. Their sweet-sour taste will be an excellent addition to spicy spices. We will try to describe one of such recipes in more detail.
List of desired products
For the preparation you need 3 kg of ripe, fleshy tomatoes, sweet peppers, onions, plums and carrots (500 g each of the listed ingredients). Also used in the preparation of 200 g of garlic, hot peppers (10 pods), 100 g of sugar and 2 tbsp. l salt. During the quenching process, you will need to add 500 ml of vegetable oil to the entire volume of products.
For cooking adzhika from carrots and tomatoes with the addition of plums take about 3.5 hours. The main time will be spent on cooking products. In general, the cooking process can be described by the following points:
- Remove seeds from the plums, peppers are removed from the grains and cut into slices. Peel the carrots. All vegetables, including bitter peppers, tomatoes and garlic, as well as plums, grind with a meat grinder.
- Put the mixture of ground products into a saucepan and boil over low heat. Add oil, sugar and salt during cooking.
- Boil the adjika should be at least 3 hours, after which the product can be rolled up for the winter in sterilized jars.
As can be seen from the description, the cooking process is simple, but time consuming. A well cooked product is perfectly stored throughout the winter without observing a certain temperature regime.
Adjika from carrots with spicy herbs and horseradish
Traditional Abkhaz adjika involves the use of a large number of spices and seasonings, fragrant herbs. The following recipe in many respects retains this tradition and allows you to get very tasty and fragrant seasoning.Important! The recipe allows you to cook delicious adjika literally in 1.5 hours.
List of ingredients
For 2 kg of ripe tomatoes add 500 g of carrots, 200 g of horseradish and 4 medium-sized bell peppers. Garlic in the amount of 200 g, a teaspoon of paprika and 2-3 chili peppers will give the sauce the necessary spiciness. Also, the recipe involves the use of 70 ml of vinegar, a few spoons of sugar. From herbs it is recommended to use basil.
A sharp, fragrant adjika will surely become a welcome guest on every table in winter and summer. Each cook will be able to prepare it, observing the following recommendations:
- Peel and wash carrots and horseradish root. Remove the grain from the bell pepper.
- Tomatoes, horseradish, paprika and chili pepper, grind carrots with a meat grinder. Transfer the mixture to the cooking container.
- As soon as the adjika began to boil, detect 45 minutes. After this time, add vinegar, chopped garlic and basil, paprika, sugar, salt. After the mixture boils again, the fire needs to be turned off and the finished product rolled up.
The relatively fast cooking process imposes some restrictions on the storage mode of adzhika. So, after canning for the winter, banks are recommended to be placed in the refrigerator or in a cool cellar.
Adjika carrot with pumpkin
Unique recipes are adzhiki, which do not use tomatoes. An alternative to them is the pumpkin. Learn about cooking adzhika of carrots and pumpkins in the section below.
A set of necessary products
Pumpkin and carrot must be taken in equal shares, 500 g of each vegetable. The required mass of onions and bell peppers is 200 g. You will also need 5 medium sized cloves of garlic, a bunch of cilantro and a bunch of basil, 1 chili pepper, half a lemon, 50 g of salt and the same amount of vegetable oil.
Cooking unique adzhika
Cooking adjika will have to use the oven. The main vegetables are baked in foil, which allows to preserve the healthy properties of the products. In detail the preparation of adjika can be described in the following steps:
- Peel pumpkin, carrot, onion, Bulgarian pepper and cut it into small pieces. Wrap the vegetables in foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Ready vegetables chop blender. Add chili pepper, lemon, garlic, herbs and salt.
- Ready adjika serve to the table as a seasoning for various vegetable, fish and meat dishes.
Adjika with pumpkin and carrots will surprise even a sophisticated gourmet. Its taste is very delicate, harmonious, the consistency is uniform, light. The presence of fresh ingredients makes the seasoning particularly beneficial.
Undoubtedly, there are lots of different recipes for adzhika with carrots. Some of them are listed above in the article. Another interesting recipe can be found on the video:
Cooked adjika has a number of advantages: it is not inferior in taste to ketchup and tomato sauces, contains many vitamins, is a useful natural product, the cost of which is mercilessly small. You can cook it for the whole winter in the fall, when all the vegetables and fruits are ripe. Having worked once, the hostess is always on hand to be able to find a delicious dressing, excellent sauce and addition to many dishes in one jar.