Throughout his life, a person does not leave attempts to prolong life, youth, health. He observes diets, lies under the scalpel and travels to sanatoriums. He transfers his experiences to the beloved flora. In the zone of critical farming, where summer is shorter than any other season, the most interesting event was the desire to extend it. Thus, give the planting the opportunity to bloom and bear fruit as long as possible.
In the course were the tricks of the breeders, the design of greenhouses and growing stronger, by the beginning of summer, seedlings. Not over this fate and popular in the people, cucumbers. They have no equal on holiday tables, in various salads and in the form of spicy salty snacks. Summer heat without ukrashka with onions, cucumber and horseradish is unthinkable. The crunchy cucumber plucked from the depth of dew is a bright witness of the summer solstice and healthy rural life. I just want it all to happen early and last a little longer.
Seedlings, early cucumbers
Cucumbers and strawberries can be eaten all year round. But the people still retained an irresistible desire to extend this little cucumber happiness, created with their own hands.
The experience of growing early cucumbers through seedlings suggests that the occupation is very promising. Small financial and labor costs have made the seedling variant of cucumber cultivation very popular.
Where to start
First of all, from harvesting, in the autumn period, seedlings of soil consisting of humus, peat and sand are in equal proportions. You can, if necessary, buy ready-made primer in the store, but the aftertaste from your own work will be ruined. Although the bulk of worries are still ahead:
- the amount of seedling is stored at the rate of - 400 g of soil is needed for one seed of sowing;
- the number of cups under the seedlings of cucumbers should be equal to its quantity. It is not worthwhile, even in order to save money, to dive in cucumber seedlings - they do not like it;
Important! Acidity of soil for seedlings should be close to pH 6.6. Change the acidity with battery acid (for higher) or dolomite flour (for lowering).
On the one hand, in solving this problem, practically all time periods are known.
Lined up, in their sequence, into a slender equation, they give a specific time for sowing cucumber seeds. On the other hand, no one ever calls a specific establishment number stable 150, night temperature.
Only experience and a little luck will help here. Otherwise, either to warm the seedlings already planted or to plant insufficiently developed. Both are very bad, because they increase the likelihood of disease and the increase in the time of fruiting. We are trying to calculate the time of sowing the best seeds of cucumbers:
- on the selected variety of cucumbers, you can determine the duration of its development from germination to fruiting. We take as a basis one of the early varieties of cucumbers with a period of 40 days.
- the duration of germination of sowing of cucumbers can be equated to 4 days. At temperatures close to 300, plantings germinate between 3 and 6 days. At temperatures close to 180, plantings germinate between the 8th and 10th days;
- pickling cucumber seeds and soaking them, until sprouting sprouts, will add another day;
- total we get the duration, from the shoot of planting cucumber seeds to planting in the ground, no more than 4 weeks;
- if you want to get the first cucumber by May 1, then it is necessary to plant it on the seedlings at the beginning of the 3rd decade of March. At the same time, seedlings will have to be planted in the ground by April 20;
- at this time it is necessary to order a stable night weather forecast, not lower than 150. Unfortunately, during this period, the probability of return frosts is high.
An example of planting cucumber seeds was unsuccessful. Most likely, all the seedlings may die. But whoever does not risk, he does not have his own cucumbers on May Day holidays.
If we talk about the timing of planting cucumbers directly into the ground, then there are other calculations. Dry seeds are planted in the last decade of May. Swollen seeds and barely sprouted - in the first decade of June. At the same time the soil at a depth of 120mm should be steadily warm - not less than 150.
When illumination of cultivated cucumber seedlings, in order to reduce the time it takes to illumination, it is necessary to adhere to the following mode - in clear weather, turn on the lamps for 3 hours in the morning and 2 hours after work. A cloudy weather lamps do not turn off the seedlings all day.
Features of planting seedlings in the ground
After 3-4 weeks of nurturing cucumber seedlings, it has grown strong and has grown a lot. It’s simply impossible to keep her window. There is, of course, an option to maintain it, on a warm balcony or loggia. But this is if the case is exceptional, associated with bad weather conditions.
If there is even an unheated greenhouse, you can take a chance and, instead of house keeping, you can still plant cucumber seedlings there. But even there it will have in some cases to harbor. It will be bad to develop in such conditions and diseases of some plants are possible.
It is best to transplant cucumber seedlings during stable warm weather, when the possibility of return frost is over. This time, in the middle belt of the country, begins in June. By this time, the soil has warmed up to 160 and a comfortable temperature will be established for seedlings in the region of 200. The transplant process is as follows:
- cucumber seedlings hardened for several days, bringing it to the open, fresh air. In this case, direct sunlight should be avoided;
- the day before planting, cups of cucumbers, it is necessary to pour abundantly;
- seedlings must be planted in a well-fertilized, composted, ground;
- wells, in the size of a cup with seedlings, it is good to shed with warm water;
- cucumber planting scheme - in accordance with agrotechnical, varietal recommendations;
- cups with cucumber seedlings, when planted, turn on the palm upside down. It is necessary to knock on it and remove an empty cup from the palm of your hand. You can cut it with scissors, if it seems convenient;
- sprout, with a lump of earth, is lowered into the hole and easily compresses the land surrounding it. Well-developed seedlings are planted vertically. If the seedlings have outgrown, it is necessary to plant obliquely.
Some small tips
Before planting cucumbers in the ground of the selected area, it is necessary to analyze all previous planting on it. Recommendations of crop rotation saying that after pumpkins and zucchini cucumbers can be planted with the expiration of 4 years.Attention! Best of all, if the predecessors were legumes, various greens and cabbage with solanaceous plants.
Cucumber seedling grows well in fully lit areas with light and fertile soil. Mandatory for them is a systematic and abundant watering. Good conditions for seedlings can be created by covering them with a light portable greenhouse. This will protect the seedlings from the direct rays of the sun and from the cold wind.
Thus, having received the basis for the optimal development of seedlings, a bountiful harvest of Zelentsovo will not take long. Of course, not by May 1, but their cucumbers and the most delicious.